Let me begin by offering my congratulations on becoming pregnant. Pregnancy and birth are two of the most awe inspiring and joyful events we can experience.
I strongly recommend The Bradley Methodâ class series to all expecting couples-those who plan to have a natural birth, those who are unsure of natural birth, and those who do not believe natural childbirth is for them. Why? Because The Bradley Methodâ course is more than just a natural childbirth class; it is a comprehensive curriculum covering topics that benefit all expecting parents. Some topics discussed include:
· how the body changes and performs during pregnancy and labor
· the nutritional needs of an expecting mother
· the benefits of breastfeeding for baby and mother
· prenatal exercises to prepare the mother’s body for labor and birth
· the ability to make medical decisions that affect you and your baby with informed consent
· how to manage pain naturally through positioning and relaxation
· how to make the father an active participant to the labor and birth rather than a mere observer
During the 12-week course, we will cover all these topics along with many others in depth. Each couple will receive a student workbook for use throughout the course, which is yours to keep. In addition, each weekly two-hour class will be filled with discussion, video, and practical exercises and rehearsals. I also provide a lending library of books and supplementary material.