The Bradley Method of Natural Child birth emphasizes partner supported, low-intervention birth, and empowers expectant couples with informed choice as it relates to their birth experience.
Interventions like induction, epidural, electronic fetal monitoring, premature rupture of membranes, episiotomy, assisted delivery, and c-section are liberally, and routinely practiced in the US maternity system.
Almost every intervention disrupts the natural course of labor and birth and can contribute to poorer health outcomes for moms and babies.
The best way to avoid unnecessary interventions is to understand your options, identify your values and beliefs around those options, and prepare for the kind of birth that you want.
In choosing The Bradley Method® of Natural Childbirth you and your partner will
- Learn the risks and benefits of each common intervention and how to advocate for informed consent.
- Become intimately aware of the physiological processes that occur during labor and birth, you’ll learn what to expect at each stage and how to work together to acheive effective pain management.
- Build confidence in your body’s ability to give birth, deepen your connection with your partner as integral to the experience and as trusted labor support, and strengthen your commitment to a low intervention birth.
The 12-week Bradley birth series is an opportunity
- to become better informed about what the experience of giving birth can be and what that means for your relationship with your partner and your baby,
- be changed by what you learn, and
- bring together everything you know, including local resources, to prepare for the birth experience that feels right for you and your family.
This is your time to focus on your baby, your partnership, and the important role that each of you has in preparing for your Birth-Day!
The next 12-week series will be held on
Sundays from 6:00-8:15pm
beginning May 5, 2013.
Please call 571-247-4332 for more information.