Series starting soon! Dates and times determined by interest. Contact me for details.
Welcome to the Bradley Method®! I am so glad that you are taking initiative
and educating yourself about your upcoming birth. Congratulations!
The Bradley Method® is a childbirth education course that
covers all aspects of pregnancy, labor, and the immediate postpartum period,
including breastfeeding. Not only does
this series teach you the basics of a healthy pregnancy and mechanics of labor,
it teaches you how to use your resources to achieve the kind of birth that you
The Bradley Method® puts a strong emphasis on your partner
as your coach. The job of the coach
begins during pregnancy in supporting the mother through preparation for birth
as well as during the birth itself.
Here are some of the topics that are covered:
- Pregnancy nutrition for the prevention of complications
- Exercises which prepare your body for birth
- Mechanics of labor and birth
- How to plan for the birth and choose your care provider and
- Complications that can arise and how to deal with them
- Relaxation techniques for pain management
- Labor positions to optimize the descent of the baby
- Coaching techniques and strategies for the partner
- Basic breastfeeding principles and techniques
- Preparing for parenthood and postpartum