About one in three American births now occur by C-section, and authorities agree that this is too many. Expectant parents who desire natural birth too often end up believing that it was not possible for them. These things occur even though scientific studies affirm the validity and even superiority of natural birth over medicalized birth for most moms and babies.
Unfortunately, without commitment and preparation natural birth remains a wish rather than a reality for most couples. Bradley Method® classes are designed to provide you with the education and support that you need to birth naturally in whatever setting you choose.
A Bradley® class series is small and thorough, consisting of twelve weekly classes lasting about two hours each. An effective curriculum developed over decades of successful natural childbirth is taught.
The course includes:
- Nutrition and exercise to stay healthy and low-risk and prepare for labor and birth
- Breathing, relaxation, and positioning to handle labor and birth
- Dad’s role in coaching mom through pregnancy and birth
- Physical and emotional stages of childbirth
- Common interventions and complications
- Birth planning
- Postpartum period
- Breastfeeding and newborn care
Each class additionally functions as its own personal support network for natural childbirth. Couples should begin classes by the 26th week of pregnancy if possible.
Our ultimate goal is healthy mothers, healthy babies, and healthy families. We aim to achieve this goal by providing both experience-based and evidence-based preparation for childbirth.