Congratulations on your pregnancy and thank you for your interest in The Bradley Method® of childbirth! By educating yourselves as a couple about what you are about to experience in birth and beyond, you are giving your family the best possible start and your initiative is commendable. Classes will leave you fully prepared and confident in yourself and your birth plan.
The Bradley Method® will teach Couples:
- Proper nutrition for healthy mom and healthy baby
- How the body works and changes during pregnancy
- Exercises to prepare the body for labor
- Relaxation techniques to aid in a normal labor and birth
- The stages of labor, emotional signposts and possible interventions
- How to create a birth plan and pick a birth team
- The benefits of breastfeeding
- Basic postpartum and baby care
The Bradley Method® will teach Coaches:
- How to be an advocate for mom with medical personnel
- Comfort measures
- How to encourage and support the natural process of birth and also handle complications or decisions that may arise
- The importance of their support and encouragement and how to ease any anxieties they may have about birth or breastfeeding
Through education we eradicate fear and once the fear is taken out of childbirth the body and the mind can do what it is perfectly designed to do.