In order to "get a feel" for the things I emphasize in class, let me share with you my 7 core beliefs about childbirth:
- Babies are a gift!
- Each birth is unique and deserves to be a special memory to treasure.
- Expectant mothers must learn to know and trust their bodies!
- Staying low risk is the best way to keep your options open and to get what you want
out of your birthing experience.
- Good nutrition, exercise and rest are 3 of the most vital keys to having a healthy
pregnancy and an uncomplicated birth.
- Childbirth takes preparation and work but is more than worth it!
- Childbirth is just the beginning of an even bigger adventure - parenting!
Classes are generally held on Monday evenings from 6:30pm - 8:45pm.
The full 12-week series is taught and includes personal reading, discussion, lecture, video, demonstration, hands-on practice and fun games.
Each couple receives a student workbook and appropriate handouts highlighting additional resources.
Classes usually include a snack break.