The Bradley Method® Classes have helped us to achieve five wonderful natural childbirths, and we look forward to sharing what we have learned to help other families prepare for their best possible birth. We will be teaching as a team so that our students can get perspective and insight on birth experience from both parents.
Why Bradley Method® Classes?
It works! Dr. Robert Bradley achieved over ninety percent unmedicated births in his 22,000 patients by following the simple steps we teach, and had only a 3% cesarean rate! Bradley Method students currently have about an 87% rate of achieving natural childbirth across the nation in all different sorts of birth environments-that's an amazing record! As cesarian rates skyrocket in Louisiana (currently the highest in the nation at 41%), we feel that Bradley Method® classes provide the best education for avoiding unnecessary intervention and surgery and optimal outcomes for healthy babies.
Why a 12-week series?
Shorter classes don't have time for the scope of information or the technique practice that we can cover in a full series, and have been shown to be less effective for both pain management and for achieving natural birth.
Some things you can expect to learn in The Bradley Method® Classes:
• How to eat to prevent common problems in pregnancy and for optimal health.
• How your coach can be your informed advocate in labor, to speak for your desires and know what you need.
• Different techniques that alleviate discomfort and help you manage labor.
• How you can use deep relaxation as a pain management tool.
• Positions to use in labor to help baby descend, & what can be done to help baby get in position for a smooth delivery.
• Techniques and skills for different circumstances, such as how to help a posterior baby turn, and tricks and positions that can ease back labor.
• Exercises to help your body be in the best shape to be able to handle birth like the athletic event that it is.
• Basics of Breastfeeding, latching, and newborn care - everything you need for postpartum, baby, and self-care preparation.
Our bodies were built to give birth! We will show you many things you can do to best prepare your body (and baby as well) for the most exciting day of your life. These classes are centered on the concept of a caring coach participating in labor to aid the mother-please plan to bring your coach along to class!
For More Info
LAKE CHARLES, LA
|Series Schedule (Start Dates)|
|Thursday, April 27, 2017||6:15 PM|
|Tuesday, July 18, 2017||6:00 PM|
|Thursday, September 21, 2017||6:00 PM|